Toggle Contrast

Report a Concern – Public advice

Reporting a concern – Member of the Public

This page explains how to report a concern about a child as a Member of the Public.

If there is immediate risk of harm to a child, call the Police on 999

Buckinghamshire Council – First Response Team

If you are concerned about a child in Buckinghamshire, it is important that you talk to someone about this. Don’t ignore your concerns or delay taking action.

You can make a referral to Buckinghamshire Council’s First Response Team by completing the referral online form

They will listen to your concerns and decide on the appropriate course of action.

This form is to be used by anyone who has a concern about the safeguarding of a child. If you are a member of the public you can report any concerns anonymously using the online form.

Alternatively, if you want to discuss any concerns or report a concern anonymously, please contact the First Response Team on 01296 383962 between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.

If you need an urgent response outside of these hours, contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0800 999 7677.


You can contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 (free service, lines open 24 hours a day). They will listen to your concerns, offer advice and support and can take action on your behalf if a child is in danger.

You can also report concerns anonymously.

For further information or to report your concerns online visit the NSPCC website Keeping Children Safe page.

Concerns about staff working with children

If you have a concern about a member of staff working with children (in either a paid or voluntary capacity) please contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) on 01296 382070 or