Resources for Professionals
The links below offer useful information from other sites regarding various issues around safeguarding and vulnerable adults.
The Care Act
Care and Support Act (Care Act) Statutory Guidance
Carers and Safeguarding
- The link below is to a briefing from the LGA . It does not replace or amend existing statutory guidance in place and is intended to be used as a practical tool to help improve practice when safeguarding adults as well as safeguarding their carers. The case studies included give an opportunity for appropriate professional discussion at team meetings. Carers and safeguarding: a briefing for people who work with carers | Local Government Association
Coercive Control and Abuse
- Website -Gov.uk : Help available from the Department for Work and Pensions for people who are victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- Website: This website is for social workers and other health and social care practitioners to develop their knowledge and skills in working with situations of coercive control. Coercive Control
- Adult safeguarding and domestic abuse: a guide to support practitioners and managers: Second edition | Local Government Association. Adult Safeguarding and Abuse Guidance
- Protecting vulnerable people from exploitation resources for frontline professionals Sept 2018
- There are also some social media resources: Social media resources
- Modern slavery takes many forms including child exploitation which is a growing problem in the UK. This guide below aims to help parents and carers spot County Lines exploitation and know how to get help.Unseen County Lines Exploitation – guide for parents, carers & practitioners
Discharging people at risk of or experiencing homelessness
- Discharging people at risk of or experiencing homelessness – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- It includes examples of best practice, including step by step guides and examples pathways, which can be adapted to suit local practices, for discharging patients
Female Genital Mutilation
- Guidance on female genital mutilation (FGM) for all persons and bodies in England and wales was first published in 2016 but has been update since and the latest was 2020.
- Multi-Agency Guidance on Female Genital Mutilation
- Marriage My Choice Toolkit is based on independent research commissioned/funded by the National Institute for Health Research and School for Social Care Research. In recognition of the particular needs of people with learning disabilities who may be, or have been, forced into marriage, the guidance specifically addresses assessing capacity to consent to marriage and draws upon research undertaken as part of the My Marriage My Choice project led by Rachael Clawson and research team. My Marriage, My Choice Toolkit
- Discharging people at risk of or experiencing homelessness – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) It includes examples of best practice, including step by step guides and examples pathways, which can be adapted to suit local practices, for discharging patients
- Adult Safeguarding and Homelessness. A briefing on Positive practice.
- Website – Gov.uk. Overview of Homeless Legislation. Homelessness Guide for local authorities.
- Website – Gov.uk. Domestic Abuse and Homelessness. Homelessness Guide for local authorities.
Mental Capacity Act 2005 (SCIE)
Pressure Ulcers: Safeguarding Adults Protocol
- Website Department of Health – Pressure Ulcers: Safeguarding Adults Protocol
Safeguarding Adults: a guide for Health Care Staff NHS
- Pocket Guide: Safeguarding Adults: a guide for Health Care Staff NHS
Using Surveillance in your care service CQC
- Website CQC – Using surveillance in your care service.
- Gov website link Working Together